Sunday, March 2, 2008

More of the same

I felt like nothing was working today. Even though the sun was out, I was cold, and my legs seem that were not adjusting to the temperature. Dani and Dan were asking me if we were going to "survive" with the A group or stay behind and ride with the B. I told them that it was going to be decided at the top of Mass. Cresting the hill and the A bunch is about 50 yards infront and in between there are a few more riders, so I'm thinking I will catch them without too much trouble. Of course, that didn't happen as riders were not willing to work and entering McArthur, I decided to let the front group go and wait for the second. But they never came, instead it was me, a DC Velo guy and two Bicycle Place riders trading pulls on Clara Barton. But I just didn't have the right feelings and couldn't get into a rhythm, and the B group was nowhere to be found. Up Great Falls I was setting a nice tempo, just hoping that the legs would open up. DC Velo guy and I went down the park and on the way up I started to feel a little better, but when he decided to sprint to the top, the legs finally decided to work. The rest of the ride I felt better and better, never 100%, but at least things were improving. Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow's warm weather and some long miles with the Spanish Mafia. Should be tons of fun and maybe the weather will help my condition.

No comments: