Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weather Guessers...

Take it from me...I worked in the television industry and all those gadgets in the "weather center" are not put to good use. I mean, thousands of dollars of equipment (computers, alarm systems, radars, satellites, etc.) and these dudes can't get it right. One time one of the dudes I used to work with told me, "man, 99% of the time I'm just guessing"...brilliant!!!...so after having checked the weather for the week, today was panning out to be a perfect day. That's until about 8AM this morning when the rain woke me up...WTF????...it wasn't supposed to rain (light rain if that) until the afternoon, not the morning. Well, plan B was set into motion, getting new tires, breaks and oil change for the girlfriend's car. Hundreds of dollars later, and after cursing the weather people for most of the morning, I got home and decided to ride after all. Hell, although cloudy all the radars were showing rain, yet the sky was actually clearing, brilliant!!! again. On the Mt. Vernon trail I ran into Kyle and we started to talk and went to HP for some laps. Kyle had some intervals planned but that was haulted when his chain decided to snap at the beginning of interval numero uno. A brief search for the missing link and Kyle was back in business, but by then I was running a little cool in the engine department so I called it a day and headed back to homebase. Got back online and weatherbug had two weather alerts for tomorrow. Both indicated high winds, with gusts of 50 miles an hour. Good luck with that, as I may have mentioned, I'm allergic to the wind, maybe that's why I never heard from Quick-Step. By the way, Boonen won again today. Boring!!!

No comments: