Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where am I?

The plan was to ride from the house to the Bicycle Place for their Sunday ride, join the group and then head back home afterwards. Total planned distance, 70 miles. The alarm goes off at 6:50AM and I'm already setting plan B into action, drive to Rock Creek Park and do the ride. It's cold outside, and I fight the urge to head back to the house. Once at the park, I feel better about riding, but still cold. The right hip is acting up again but I push on and the ride sets off. At the top of Mass, there were like three groups due to the fact that the main group was broken prior to the hill. Not knowing which group I was in, I just followed the 5/8 guys I was with. On Clara Barton, the pace was good and we picked a few more guys...after that, the hip finally settled and the rest of the ride felt much better. Tomorrow I'm getting fitted to see if anything can be done to improve my position on the bike.
On the pro scene, Andre Griepel just steam rolled through the Tour Down Under and let everyone know that there's a new sprinter in the schoolyard. Early season form? perhaps, but nonetheless, the guy (and the team) added a confidence boost to the sponsor search. And in the sands of Doha (Qata), Matteo Tossatto of non other than Quick-Step has the first leader's jersey. A repeat of last year's race perhaps?.

No comments: