Sunday, February 17, 2008

Brick Legs

That's right, that's how the legs felt today, like two bricks. On the way to the shop, everything was good. When the group started to climb Mass Ave., the pace wasn't too aggressive and that meant a larger number of riders bunched up towards the front. It wasn't long though before things got hot, with a sudden acceleartion coming from the pace setters, which left me filling gaps. Note to self, pay more attention next time. The front runners were keeping a good pace, but I managed to get in with a few more in the chasing group and I thought we would catch back on before MacArthur, but that didn't happen thanks to a rider who shall remain anonymous, who decided to glance back (why?, who the hell knows) when it was his turn to pull. As if that wasn't annoying enough, he then pilled off of the formation and the chase group broke apart. Another rider and myself went along and after a short sprint, I was latching myself to the front group, but that wasn't going to last long. On Clara Barton, the speed went from managable to out right nuts, and when I saw the onboard telemetry showing 30mph, I called it a day. Riding solo most of Clara Barton wasn't too bad and it gave me time to think about working on my mental strength. That was pretty much it, at the top of Gray Falls, the B group caught me and I spent the rest of the ride in it, not burning too many matches and taking care of the somewhat sore legs. The ride home was uneventful, and although I wasn't feeling too tired, the legs were just not wanting to cooperate. Thigs like this happen, so I'm not too worried, at least not right now.

No comments: