Sunday, February 3, 2008

Great weekend...

If you didn't take advantage to log some miles this weekend, you missed a good one. After the rain on Friday, I cancelled my plans to ride the 7AM ride and from what I heard, the choice was a good one. Instead I ended up going to HP for some tempo riding and it turned out to be an amphibious operation. On the side of the airport, there was a huge poddle of water, or as I later described it "a mini lake", which caused me to reduced my speed to about 2mph. Once through the water, I worked on my acceleration, so not all was lost. Sunday turned out to be a good day. Left from the house and ended up with 70 miles in the legs. I was planning to just ride with the B group from the Bicycle Place ride, but somehow on Mass. Ave. I was at the tail end of the A group and was able to stay with them for most of the ride which was good for me. I got home and did a good post ride stretch to help the muscles recover and then went to Dani's to watch the Super bowl while enjoying some Argentinian barbecue and some Coronas...perfect recovery food. The weather channel is calling for warm temps until Wednesday, but some rain will be lingering around and the wind might cause some problems by mid week. I'm going to log some more big miles tomorrow and Tuesday for sure.

No comments: